Diebold Nixdorf Redefines the Consumer Experience at National Grocers Association Show 2018
08 February 2018
LAS VEGAS – Diebold Nixdorf (NYSE: DBD), the world leader in driving connected commerce, will showcase its latest customer-driven technologies at the National Grocers Association (NGA) Show, an event devoted to innovation in the food retail industry, from Feb. 11-14 in Las Vegas. At booth #810, Diebold Nixdorf will demonstrate how its new Storevolution™ consumer-centric approach is transforming the retail business by integrating and customizing shopper journeys.
The consumer experience is changing now more than ever. Between supermarkets, big-box, convenience stores and a growing number of discount stores, the variation of physical store formats and digital channels are driving new shopping patterns. The need for connected commerce is also growing as customers increasingly shop beyond channels, conclude transactions before going to a physical store for pick-up, and redeem digital vouchers while shopping in-store. As these trends have proven, the consumers’ shopping journey is experience-driven, meaning that they expect retailers to offer them speed, convenience and security at the checkout
To address these changing consumer demands, forward-looking retailers need to transform their business in two ways: (1) by embedding more digital and mobile-enabled touchpoints to improve the consumer experience and (2) continuing to drive automation in order to reduce costs and raise efficiency. Visitors at the Diebold Nixdorf booth can explore how its Vynamic™ Retail Software and other solutions enable store transformation in both of these areas:
- Software solutions improve the consumer's in-store retail experience: Vynamic Mobile Retail, demonstrated via a mobile scan-and-go app, Vynamic Engage, which supports greater customer-centricity via personalized interactions with consumers, and Vynamic Mobile Shopper, a mobile self-scanning software. Further, Diebold Nixdorf’s Managed Mobility Services help to improve performance and availability of existing and new mobile devices to optimize operational costs.
- Advanced self-checkout terminals like the BEETLE/iSCAN EASY eXpress, which processes cashless transactions and the BEETLE/iSCAN EASY SCO that enables quick, reliable scanning and automated cash payments shorten waiting times at the checkout. The K-two kiosk terminal supports upselling and cross-selling by providing additional product information or personalized configurations.
- A broad variety of retail-hardened EPOS systems, like the powerful but energy-saving BEETLE/M-III, the TCO-optimized all-in-one POS BEETLE/iPOS plus and BEETLE/moPOS with tablets offer full POS functionality to meets the needs of different store formats in grocery retail.
- The cash recycling modules CINEO C6010 (note) and iCash 15e (coin) for small cash offices of convenience stores and supermarket-size grocery stores automate the cash management processes which saves time and costs.
- The enterprise Key and Lock Management solution VeraPass® enables controlled access to locks through programming smart keys with access privileges.
“Our comprehensive offering of advanced automation systems, open retailing software and wide-ranging services enables an advanced consumer journey in grocery retail,” said Mark Brewer, senior vice president and managing director of Global Retail at Diebold Nixdorf. “We provide everything that retailers need to enable a connected commerce experience in an ever-evolving industry.”
About Diebold Nixdorf
Diebold Nixdorf, Incorporated (NYSE: DBD) is a world leader in enabling connected commerce for millions of consumers each day across the financial and retail industries. Its software-defined solutions bridge the physical and digital worlds of cash and consumer transactions conveniently, securely and efficiently. As an innovation partner for nearly all of the world’s top 100 financial institutions and a majority of the top 25 global retailers, Diebold Nixdorf delivers unparalleled services and technology that are essential to evolve in an ‘always on’ and changing consumer landscape.
Diebold Nixdorf has a presence in more than 130 countries with approximately 24,000 employees worldwide. The organization maintains corporate offices in North Canton, Ohio, USA and Paderborn, Germany. Shares are traded on the New York and Frankfurt Stock Exchanges under the symbol ‘DBD’. Visit www.DieboldNixdorf.com for more information.
Michael Jacobsen, APRMedia Relations
Phone: +1 330.490.3796
Steve VirostekInvestor Relations